Wednesday, November 23, 2005

China & Other Living Things

Other Living Things

To date, my living quarters have been invaded by coach roaches, spiders, an innumerable number of mosquitoes, moths, crickets, and other disgusting flying insects I have seen many rats or mice scurrying away in the dark and a bat has nearly brushed my nose. Every creature imaginable has bitten me! One morning, I woke up with a bite the size of a Twoonie, on the back of my leg. I don’t know who the dinner patron was, but it certainly put my leg out of shape. After a visit to the Chinese herbal doctor and an application of brown herbal paste, my leg was back to normal. Yesterday our class was visited by one of the spiders. It was big, black and gave me the creeps (shudder). To give you an idea of how big it was, you could see it very clearly from the other side of the room. I was leery of it dropping on my head during my class instruction. That had to be the godfather of all spiders. The other day, I saw a baby rat. It was no bigger than my pinkie finger and had a short stubby tail. I think its mother abandoned it, or somehow it lost its way, I’m sure it’s some other creature’s dinner by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home