Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Coming Home

In Summary

As frustrating as my days have been, looking back, I still do not regret my decision to come here. There are days, when I have to admit to myself; the many difficult challenges that I’m facing are what I have asked for. I have always wanted to understand what it is like to be without many of our luxuries back home. Silly me, now I am getting my wish. It is one thing to want something in your mind and another, to experience it with your body. Even though, I have been here for only two months, I have learnt a great deal. I understand what it’s like to be judged because of my skin colour and I know what it’s like to face language and culture barriers. I am starting to gain an appreciation for what is truly important in life. There are many shiny gadgets and plastic toys that what we can do without in order to live. I think, that this experience will teach me to rely more on my spirit and mind than on the masks and social pretences we value too highly in our culture. In order to continue to exist in life and among others, in life we are all learners, and I must find ways to embrace the lessons set before me.

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger King Midas said...

I love your blog great reading I am gonna get a cup of coffee and continue reading!


The origianal reason I stopped in was to offer you a chance to be king of the blogs!
www.kingoftheblogs.com
Stop by sign up and see if you can be king


James

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger theconversationroom said...

Hello James,

As I am very new to Blogging (a day old). I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed my BLOG :)

P.S. Your website is great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home