Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My Tourist Days

Travel in China?


I have not been to very many tourist spots because my hosts are often busy. I have been to Yongquan Temple, which is at the top of Gushan Mountain. The hike wasn’t that bad, it only took a few hours to get to the top. The temple was beautiful; there was a pond with swans in it and a tall statue of the Buddha fertility goddess. The halls had great statues of Buddha Gods. My favourite hall had the four statues of the gods of protection. The statues were massive; I was in awe of them, I’m sorry that I can’t give you more information about Gods; my host did not know how to explain the Gods to me in English. In the halls, I couldn’t take pictures, because it would be considered disrespectful. There were many people that were there to pray to their Gods. There were other wonderful sites at the temple, but I lack the words to describe them.


I have also been to a primary school in Lanqui. The school is not like our schools back home where the classrooms are contained in a building. The classrooms surround a large courtyard. You can access each classroom from the outside. The classrooms are small, and have tiny wooden desks. There is a black board at the front of the room and a teacher’s desk. I felt like I was sent back into time in the late 1900s.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a black board at the front of the room and a teacher’s desk. I felt like I was sent back into time in the late 1900s.
:-)

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home